The NRSWA Streetworks Unit 1 Location & Avoidance of Underground Apparatus course is designed for Operatives and Supervisors who have to locate underground apparatus for work on the roadways and highways.
This is the only unit that is mandatory for both Operatives and Supervisors when completing a full qualification.
The NRSWA Streetworks Unit 1 Location & Avoidance of Underground Apparatus course is designed to provide both Operatives and Supervisors with the skills and knowledge to carry out cable avoidance work in-line with the current NRSW Act in order to safeguard themselves and others.
The course covers the following topics
- New Roads & Street Works Act.
- Basic principles of location and avoidance of underground services.
- Hazard identification and the risks associated with them.
- Reading and interpreting site plans.
- Practical use of equipment.
A high proportion of discussion and simulated assessments will be supplemented with video and classroom based tutorial and progress tests.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to
- Understand the basic principles of the current NRSW Act and standards.
- Identify potential risks to themselves and others.
- Read and understand site plans.
- Operate cable avoidance tools in order to avoid or locate underground apparatus.
Unit 1 Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus