This driver CPC first aid course is approved by the Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training (JAUPT) for drivers of commercial vehicles as part of their required Driver CPC periodic training. The course counts towards seven hours of the required 35 hours training and provides professional drivers with the skills and confidence needed to administer first aid in emergency situations while on the road.
1 Day (7 hours)
This driver CPC first aid course is highly practical and takes a hands-on approach to learning first aid. The course covers:
- Spinal injury: responding to a casualty with suspected spinal injury
- Unconscious casualty: recognition of life threatening conditions
- Bleeding: responding to a casualty with minor or severe bleeding
- Safer handling and moving
- Emergencies in public
Before drivers can attend the Professional drivers first aid course, they must provide two forms of identity:
- A valid driving license (paper copy)
- Photographic proof of identity (a valid driving license photocard; a valid passport)
The driver CPC first aid certificate is valid for three years.
This means drivers can re-qualify within the same five-year JAUPT period and the training hours will count separately, giving a total of 14 hours Driver CPC training towards the required total of 35 hours