This CIEH Level 3 PTLLS Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector course has been developed for anyone entering teaching or training roles or already in-service who needs to achieve the minimum threshold status as a teacher in the lifelong learning sector that is, adult and community learning and development, further education, libraries, archives and information services and work-based learning.
This CIEH Level 3 PTLLS Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector course introduces the knowledge and skills required by teachers to develop and deliver programmes, provide learning support and take responsibility in managing the learning process in post-16 education. There are no formal entry requirements for candidates who want to take this qualification; however it is the centre’s responsibility to assess, and keep a record, of a candidate’s suitability for the programme.
This CIEH Level 3 PTLLS Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector course covers the following
- Understand your own role, responsibilities and boundaries of role in relation to teaching
- Understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area
- Demonstrate your session planning skills- plan, deliver, observe and evaluate a micro-teaching session
- Understand how to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- Understand the use of different assessment methods
- Understand and analyse the need for accurate record keeping and procedures that can be adopted- including internal and external assessment information
The training programme for the CIEH Level 3 PTLLS Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector Course includes the CIEH Level 3 Training Skills and Practice (TSP). It is designed to be delivered in 30 hours of teaching time, not including breaks, and revision and practice sessions, with an additional 30 hours for assimilation, consolidation and assignment planning, development and submission.
It is assessed by one practical and two written assignments.