This basic plumbing skills course is designed to provide training for persons who wish to learn to carry out basic plumbing tasks.
This basic plumbing skills course is designed to provide an introduction to domestic plumbing for persons from a non-plumbing trade background. The course may be studied as part of a multi skill flexibility programme for mechanical engineers.
The basic plumbing skills course covers the following topics
- Course and industry introduction
- Basic workshop safety and the safe use and care of hand tools
- Pipework: – types, uses, joints, bending
- Hot and cold water systems
- Sanitary systems
- Boiler systems appreciation
- Sewerage systems
- Industry requirements and legislation
- Practical exercises
Candidates may also want to look at these associated courses.
- Intermediate Plumbing Skills
- Water Supply Regulations
- Unvented Hot Water Systems
- Domestic Natural Gas Safety
Candidates will receive a centre issued certificate